£30000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Java Developer to join a market leading fintech solutions provider to support the growth of their development department. As a Java Developer your key purpose will be to work within an Agile environment on the design, development and support of Java and Angular based applications.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Translate application storyboards and user stories into functional applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, devise solutions
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation
- Collaborate with other Scrum team members
- Actively contribute to our developer community
- Actively contribute to a continually improving Agile software development framework
The successful applicant will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and ideally hold a Microsoft or CIW Certification. You will have a proven track record working on large, complex software applications and high volumes of data, with experience of developing front-end applications, preferably using Angular. You should have a solid background in Java development, ideally within an Agile environment, and any knowledge of REST APIs would also be beneficial.
Key technical skills include:
Any experience with the following would be advantageous:
- Angular, Formly, Bootstrap, TypeScript
- REST APIs
Any experience with any of the following would also be useful - JUnit, XML, JSON, jQuery, Spring, Gradle, Subversion, Git.
This is a great chance to join a growing company offering excellent career and personal progression and a comprehensive benefits package. They offer the chance to work on some very exciting projects with the latest technologies and opportunities to further develop your skills. Based in Worcester, commutable from Malvern, Droitwich, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Hereford, Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye, Stourport, Bewdley, Kidderminster, Dudley, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Redditch and Birmingham. Salary up to £40,000, commensurate with experience.
The company is currently working remotely and moving forwards there is the flexibility to work from home when not required in the office.