Hours: 40 hours per week (flexible working offered)
Some hybrid working available
My client, a leading manufacturer based in the midlands is looking for an enthusiastic Payroll Officer. This role is ideal for a candidate with experience in a similar role or a Payroll Administrator looking to take their next step up!!
Your role will include processing payroll on a weekly and monthly basis and providing administrative support to the Head of HR to ensure the smooth running of the HR/Payroll function.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and timely provision of the monthly payroll.
- Gather and input monthly data including starters, leavers, sickness, overtime and expense claims.
- Administer payroll compliance as required eg. PAYE, NIC, P11D's, Pension and Auto-enrolment.
- Check processed payroll data and submit reports to Group Head of HR for approval prior to running final monthly or weekly payroll.
- Ensure timely distribution of payslips;
- Provide payroll reports for Finance to raise payments to employees, HMRC and other third parties;
- File monthly and weekly payroll records.
- Response to employee payroll queries;
- Assist with extracting payroll information and compiling reports as required;
- Manage and co-ordinate best practice processes to ensure the accurate processing of all pay related data.
- Assist with HR administration tasks when required.
- Any other duty as reasonably required.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of using Moorepay payroll system (advantageous)
- Recognised payroll qualification (desirable)
- Up to date knowledge and experience of HMRC requirements
- Excellent IT, analytical, administration and organisational skills
- Aptitude for using and developing IT to better support and operate the payroll function
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a strong "can do" attitude with good interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal departments
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and organisational skills
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer.
If you have the relevant skills and expereince then please apply!!