JOB TITLE: Head's PA and Office Manager - Maternity Cover 6-12 months in Malvern
RESPONSIBLE TO: Headmaster
PURPOSE OF THE POST: To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Headmaster and to supervise the support staff above on a daily basis.
- Providing high quality and timely administrative support of a confidential nature.
- Ensuring that all visitors, internal and external, are welcomed in an appropriate manner
- Attending meetings as required by the Head and taking and distributing minutes as appropriate
- Liaising with the Head on behalf of staff as required
- Managing the Head's diary and appointments. This will include liaising with parents, staff, Governors and outside organisations.
- Opening all post addressed to the Head, distributing it to relevant persons for action and drafting responses for the Head where appropriate.
- Dealing with all initial approaches to the Head from staff or parents and ensuring that the Head is briefed to enable an appropriate response.
- Providing a high standard of secretarial service to the Head. This will include drafting and typing letters, minutes, meeting agendas, schedules and reports.
- Co-ordinating the organisation of the Head's end of term report writing, in conjunction with the Senior Deputy Head and the Main Office to specific timescales.
- Arranging the Head's travel and accommodation requirements for outside duty.
- Ensuring the accurate taking of minutes for all Governors' sub-committee and Governor Board meetings for The Downs Malvern.
- Liaising with the Chair of Governors and the COO at Malvern College to ensure all minutes are produced and distributed in a timely manner and ensuring accurate signed copies of sub-committee meetings are kept on file.
- Sending invitations and pre reading material to those attending Governors' sub-committee meetings.
- Managing the Head's social diary and liaising with the Catering Manager for all social events as appropriate.
- Attending and assisting with various School functions to include Speech Day at the request of the Head.
- Providing effective leadership and line management to all admin and estates staff including the School Secretary, Estates and Grounds team, MIS Administrator and Finance Assistant
- Ensuring direct reports' duties are being carried out to the school's high standards and briefing the Head as appropriate
- Being the first point of contact for direct reports and undertake supervisory duties including induction, reporting sickness, approving annual leave and additional hours
- In charge of all ordering on the School Credit Card, keeping appropriate finance records for this and liaising with the Finance Department at Malvern College as appropriate
- Updating and organising school policies in conjunction with the Head
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to other members of the Head's Senior Management Team as required
HOURS AND BENEFITS:
- You will work full time, 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday. During term time you are also required to work from 9am to 1pm on a Saturday.
- This is a temporary role to cover maternity leave for a period of 6 to 12 months.
Expected start date: 14/02/2022 - 01/03/2022
If you have experience with minute taking at meetings, strong admin and PA skills along with being a highly organised individual and have a flexible and approachable manner then please call Lara on 01562 69090 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org