This is the perfect opportunity for a Safety Manager to join a nationwide company and help to expand their services into their core customers in which have several framework contracts that they are looking to further explore. The ideal candidate will have experience in Safety Management and Project orientated Safety Management Systems (POSMS).
Responsibilities - Safety Manager
- Establish a safety management plan.
- Produce and assure safety artefacts to time and quality requirements.
- Conduct Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and/or Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) on systems and components.
- Use various system safety standards such as MIL-STD-882, ISO 26262, DEFSTAN 00-56 or DO-178.
- Develop, contribute, and review safety cases / safety case reports.
- Ensuring that lessons learned from previous in-service experience are fully considered and implemented.
- Collation of evidence and deliverables to support product safety argument generation.
- Hazard identification & control.
- Detailed analyses of complex systems using fault tree methodology.
Requirements - Safety Manager
- Engineering / mathematics background with an excellent knowledge of Safety and Reliability engineering. Knowledge of Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) are essential.
- Understand and analyse systems at unit and detail design level.
- Understand the mathematics associated with Safety and Reliability engineering, including statistics and statistical analysis, probability theory, and mathematical modelling.
- Possess a good understanding of mechanical and electronic engineering.
- Knowledge of Fault Tree and FMEA packages, current aerospace standards and certification requirements.
- Ability to determine system designs from safety requirements and recommend system design changes to adhere to requirements.
- Capability to perform Maintainability and occasional ILS analyses would be beneficial.
In Return - Safety Manager
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Agile working / Remote working
- Electric Car Scheme
- EAP - a confidential 24/7 service
This Safety Manager opportunity is based in Gloucester and is commutable from Cheltenham, Worcester, Evesham, and Stroud.
For more information, please contact Michael Farrell on email@example.com or 01242 3033124.