Up to £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
An established and market leading business with a strong history of focussing on the needs of their customers. They are continuing to grow on a global scale.
As Senior Cost Control Engineer you will be responsible for the tracking and management of product costs throughout the complete product lifecycle of a product. There is also scope for this role to get involved with the management of product data systems, to drive the use of the systems forwards within the business and capturing the latest business needs.
Exceptional negotiation skills are required along with Line Manager experience as this role has 1 direct report.
- Product cost targets to be captured.
- Track product costs and work with NPD to meet the cost target.
- Negotiate with suppliers and 2nd tier suppliers.
- Complete product reviews to generate cost saving ideas and record expenditure.
- Generate test plans with NPI to validate any changes that are to be made to products.
- Complete engineering change requests in line with any valid changes once all testing has been completed.
- Produce regular reports on progress and present the data in an effective way to all key stake holders.
- Regular communication with internal departments.
- Product system support.
- Analysing data to extract key information.
- Advise on technical problems and make suitable recommendations.
- Analyse product designs to make cost effective recommendations.
- Economic / Engineering degree or diploma.
- Experience in a similar role within Engineering/Manufacturing is essential.
- People management qualification desirable.
- Project management qualification desirable.
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly with stakeholders at all levels throughout the business.
- Well organised.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Previous experience in a Senior engineering or cost management role.
- Previous experience in working in a role which involved a hands on approach to products.
- Previous experience with working with overseas suppliers.
- Strong engineering bias/mind-set.
£35,000 annual salary.
Excellent benefits package.
Based in Droitwich, Worcestershire.
Monday to Friday Full Time Hours.