Software Support Developer
C# / .Net / SQL Server
Bristol - Remote Working
An opportunity has arisen to join a leading solutions provider and support the development team with maintenance & bug fixing of the core product and developing new software change requests to high-quality enterprise level software standards.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To work with support and development team members on resolving support cases, bugs, and major incidents.
- Performing precursor work and investigation before escalating issues and passing findings into the development team.
- To research, design and write scalable software to company and industry standards.
- To plan effectively in an agile environment and deliver to estimates.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record working as a software developer, ideally identifying and fixing bugs in code written by others. You should have demonstrable skills in C# and SQL Server along with experience in tools such as Visual Studio and SQL Server Management.
The key technical skills required are:
- C# Web Development/.NET
- Restful APIs
- Visual Studio/SQL Server Management Studio
- Azure DevOps Server/Team Foundation Server or similar issue/project tracking system
- Experience of root cause analysis
Knowledge of any other associated technologies such as Entity Framework, Linq / Lambda, Angular / Vue.js, Microservices, BDD, TDD and Tableau would also be advantageous.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must and you should have strong problems solving skills and a keen eye for detail. Any experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment would be beneficial and you should show a willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, proactive individual with a company offering lots of chances for career and personal progression. This role can be remote or office based, with offices in Bristol, commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Bath, Chippenham, Swindon, Stroud, Newport and Weston-super-Mare. Salary up to £35,000, commensurate with experience.