Could you answer these 30 PHP Developer questions? 2 minute read.
'Ensure you smash that PHP interview and land your dream job'
With an average salary of £45,000, PHP Developers are widely needed in the market, offering huge job opportunities.
To ensure you smash that PHP interview and land your dream job, we’ve selected some key PHP questions you should expect and be prepared for during your interview.
Although many may appear simple, remember, the interviewer will be looking for more than just a basic understanding. They’ll be interested in your depth of knowledge and critical thinking ability, while being put under a mild amount of pressure.
30 Questions you are likely to be asked in a PHP Interview:
- What are PHP sessions and how do they work?
- How are classes loaded in PHP?
- Explain the difference between classes and interfaces.
- What are some of your favourite PHP design patterns?
- What is PEAR in PHP?
- Explain the difference b/w static and dynamic websites?
- What is the name of scripting engine in PHP?
- Name some popular frameworks in PHP
- What is “echo” in PHP?
- What is “print” in PHP?
- What’s the difference between include and require?
- How many data types are there in PHP?
- What is the array in PHP?
- How many types of array are there in PHP?
- Explain some of the PHP array functions…
- What is a session?
- How to initiate a session in PHP?
- When do sessions end?
- Compare PHP and Java
- What is the meaning of a Persistent Cookie?
- How do you encrypt password using PHP?
- How do you execute a PHP script from the command line?
- What are the most two common way to start and finish a PHP block of code?
- What is the main difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5?
- What is the meaning of a final class and a final method?
- What does $GLOBALS mean?
- What does $_ENV mean?
- What are the three classes of errors that can occur in PHP?
- Is it possible to destroy a cookie?
- What is the default session time in PHP?