£60000 - £80000 per annum
9 months ago
Are you an ambitious Electronic Engineering Manager with strong software skills, looking for an opportunity to progress your career into a Director position?
This relatively small engineering company has an impressively collaborative culture, where individuals' opinions are valued and listened to… and this role is where the technical buck stops! You will be the ultimate technical decision maker - someone who will be open-minded and interested to investigate new solutions and technologies, but will ultimately make the decision that is right for the business and stand by it.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities
* Direct and lead the company's engineering and technology operations to improve security, stability and performance.
* Oversee the generation of project briefs, plans, targets, designs, budgets and documentation for new products.
* Implement changes and improvements to standards, designs methods and practices to improve the quality, performance and profitability of products.
* Hands-on electronic / controls engineering
* Line-management responsibility for the engineering department, to include design engineers and software engineers.
Engineering Manager Requirements
* An electronics / electrical engineering or embedded software development background - still hands-on.
* Experience of project management and/or quality assurance would be advantageous
* Strong problem-solver - keen to research the best options and confidently be the ultimate technical decision maker.
* As this role is expected to progress to a Director level, you will need to have the ability to lead and set a vision, while also rolling up your sleeves to get involved with the day-to-day. Man-management experience is essential.
This Engineering Manager role is based near Droitwich, with a salary of £60-80K plus bonus, healthcare and 25 days annual leave.