My client are a rapidly growing, leading travel provider seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join their dynamic team who work in a culture of both excellence AND fun! If you are passionate about finance strategy and have a background in deferred income, particularly within the tourism, manufacturing, or hospitality sectors, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We are looking for someone who can keep up with a fast-paced environment and work as part of a wider energetic management team who values knowing the numbers and has BIG ambitions for growth.
As a Financial Controller you will play a pivotal role in our financial management and strategy development. You will be responsible for implementing financial structures, managing deferred income, and presenting financial strategies and reports to our board of directors. Your ability to collaborate with senior leadership and make informed decisions will be essential to your success in this role.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of internal financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Oversee the management of accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers.
- Provide key contributions to the company financial strategy and decision-making processes.
- Analyse, prepare and present monthly and quarterly financial, budgeting and forecasting reports, and present your findings to the board.
- Take overall responsibility for the management of financial details to ensure that legal requirements are met.
- Review the financial reports and seek ways to reduce company costs.
- Find expansion opportunities and maximise profits through the analysis of market trends.
- Propose solutions to identified risks, and effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Lead the team members responsible for accounting, payroll, VAT and HMRC processes.
- Supervise the research into factors influencing business performance and report on these.
- Control the preparation and interpretation of statutory accounts and present your findings.
- Drive the continuous improvement of end to end accounting practices.
- Deferred Income Management: Utilize your expertise in managing deferred income, particularly within the tourism, manufacturing, or hospitality sectors, to ensure accurate accounting and reporting.
- Financial Strategy Development: Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement financial strategies that drive business growth and profitability.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and present clear and concise financial reports to the board of directors, providing insights and recommendations for improving financial performance.
- Financial Structure Implementation: Create and implement financial structures and processes to enhance financial control, accuracy, and efficiency within the organisation.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes, working closely with department heads to develop accurate financial plans.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate financial risks, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Team Leadership: Manage and mentor finance team members, fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration.
- Board Communication: Build strong working relationships with board members, effectively communicating financial strategies and updates.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in finance.
- Experience of working within the tourism, manufacturing, or hospitality sectors or strong experience in dealing with deferred income is essential.
- Proven ability to develop and implement financial strategies that drive business growth.
- Strong presentation skills with the confidence to communicate financial information to a board of directors.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Accountancy qualification from an institution such as: ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IFA
In addition to the essential qualifications, we will be looking for those who demonstrate:
- Exceptional technical accounting knowledge.
- A high-level of presenting skills and interpretation of financial information.
- The ability to advise co-workers and stakeholders of any financial changes affecting the business.
- Assertive analysis of market trends and competitors.
- Experience in conducting reviews and evaluation of cost-reduction opportunities.
- Highly competent in managing financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- The ability to develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, such as Auditors, Solicitors, Bankers and Statutory Organisations such as the Inland Revenue.
- The ability to produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines.
- Extensive working knowledge of financial regulations and legislation.
- Be able to predict future trends, monitor cash flow and maintain budgets.
- Be willing to get stuck into some day to day Xero reconciliation / admin
- The ability to use main accounting and office software packages competently, including Microsoft Excel, Access and Word, Xero etc
- A passion for the outdoors is strongly desirable as it's within the life blood of the company.
Perks of the job!
- Four day working week (although some out of hours work is expected)
- Work from Home Wednesdays
- 30 days paid holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Travel to amazing destinations
- Access to a UK pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme