£45000 - £48000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Inside Sales Manager
Playing a pivotal role in the pre-sales process, the Inside Sales Manager will have responsibility for a remote team of 7+ but will also play an active role in the day to day responsibilities, acting as the first technical interaction between a prospective customer and the company. With excellent technical acumen, an ability to nurture and listen, the successful candidate will have previous experience of either inside or field B2B sales and of managing teams.
Detailed and substantial training on the products will be provided to support the previous B2B sales experience and team leadership.
Some key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Delivering key sales pipeline targets (New Opportunities, Opportunity Upgrades, and related conversion rates) to drive the business objectives within the region.
- Supporting the overall performance of the Inside Sales team
- Ensuring tasks are updated and on track, monitoring full team's workload and supporting as needed to ensure internal and external customer engagement
- Reviewing and qualifying incoming leads to the organization
- Acting as first point of contact for the customer regarding their application needs and purchase plans.
- Qualifying sales leads that will be converted to opportunities and passed to the Field Sales team
- Collaborating with Marketing, Field Sales, Technical Specialists, Customer Support, Applications to support moving sales opportunities forward and/or learning of new sales opportunities to pursue.
- Capturing market, segment, and customer insights to support both product enhancements and demand generation program development.
- Serving as mentor and coach to the team of existing specialists
Although industry background is not essential, The Inside Sales Manager will ideally have an affinity, knowledge or genuine interest in Sciences and / or Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
Skills and Experience:
- Either inside or field based B2B Sales experience ideally within a technology discipline
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Adept in using sales effectiveness tools and methodology to more efficiently engage and nurture customers
- An ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders at local, regional and global levels
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Degree (or equivalent) preferred
It is preferred that the ideal candidate will be UK based and able to travel to the Worcestershire site as required. All teams are based remotely within EMEA and the successful candidate will need to manage remotely.
A competitive salary of up to £48k is on offer (depending on experience) + OTE (TBA)