£40000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
Lead Developer - Gloucester
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work on a variety of business critical systems across a range of platforms for a large educational establishment. As the digitalisation of the organisation becomes a more important part of the organisation's strategy moving they require additional support in the development team. Not only will you be delivering hands on software development, as the Lead Developer you will work alongside the Head of IS to delegate and manage the pipeline of work as well as dealing with "business as usual" activities on a daily basis and acting as a technical authority for more junior team members.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Ensure the Information Systems requirements are met through the development of systems and integrations.
* Develop an architectural approach using integration and applications/tools to enhance usability of systems
* Be proficient in the support of core systems as required and have an enterprise level understanding of systems data structures
* Provide mentoring to the development team through promotion of good development principles such as code reviews and test driven development
* Provide support to the Head of Information Systems through the direct supervision of the development team, delegating both business as usual and project based work as appropriate
* Work with the Information Systems team, providing support and guidance in the development of IS and associated systems
* Develop, maintain and document development and reporting projects
The role is based near Gloucester and is commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Ross-on-Wye, Stroud, Evesham, Pershore and Monmouth. Whilst there is some flexibility to work from home on occasion, given the nature of the role and the organisation, applicants should be prepared to work on site whenever required. Salary £40-45,000, commensurate with experience.