4 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen as a Materials Chemist to join a global market leader in the design and manufacture of highly-technical products that are supplied into the defence industry. The Materials Chemist will research new materials and take a lead in the development of new products and management of facilities for production.
Responsibilities of the Materials Chemist include:-
- Technical responsibility for a range of safe processes and properties used in the manufacture of defence products
- Working effectively and liaising with Engineers across manufacturing and test areas
- Developing new chemicals and compounds to be used in the final product
- Quality assurance of new and existing products
- Problem solving of chemical processes and manufacturing
- Handling of hazardous or toxic materials
Requirements of the Materials Chemist include:-
- Master's Degree and/or PhD in relevant Chemistry or Materials Science discipline
- A Chemical engineering background with experience of Materials Testing
- Experience in the delivery of research and development projects
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma
- Health and Safety requirements in a safety critical and hazardous materials manufacturing environment
This Materials Chemist opportunity is based in Kidderminster and commutable from Worcester, Stourport-on-Severn, Redditch, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Bewdley, Stourbridge and Malvern.