There is now a great opportunity to join a well-established engineering company that designs, develops and manufactures a range of bespoke products as a Materials Engineer. As a Materials Engineer your role will focus on managing materials, assisting with continuous improvement projects and qualifying materials to ensure that they meet industry standards.
Materials Engineer Responsibilities;
- Managing materials to meet strict design requirements
- Monitoring and improving associated manufacturing processes
- Qualifying materials and ensuring that they meet industry standards
- Investigating and resolving material related manufacturing problems
- Assisting with continuous improvement projects
- Providing technical support to wider engineering team
Materials Engineer Requirements;
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry/Material Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of metals, polymers and composite manufacturing processes
- Experience of handling of hazardous materials
- Previous experience in Lean manufacturing tools and techniques would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Must be a team player
The Materials Engineer opportunity is based in Kidderminster and commutable from Worcester, Stourport-on-Severn, Redditch, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Bewdley, Stourbridge and Malvern.