Up to £10.33 per hour
about 2 months ago
A business with a truly global reach, developing speciality products and technologies to help their customers create new, improved and sustainable products.
Reporting to the Lead Operator, the Materials Handler will follow set procedures to ensure the correct materials are picked and delivered, enabling the production process to run effectively. On completion, the finished product will then be unloaded and packaged for storing / delivery.
- Assist operator at appropriate times to maintain process efficiency
- Discharge material to required containers
- Carry out drum blends as required
- Package customer samples when required in a timely manner
- Decant material from one container to another as required
- Ensure production is stocked with raw materials and sundries as required
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained
- Correct control/identification of non-conforming products in warehouse
- Correct segregation and storage of waste material prior to disposal
- Unload bulk tankers to bulk storage in times of staff shortage
- Assist warehousing personnel in stock control and warehousing efficiency
- Load delivery trucks in times of staff shortages or after hours
- Ensure all full, partial, sample and waste containers are appropriately identified/labelled.
- To use lone worker function as appropriate.
- Counter balance / FLT licence preferred, but not essential.
- Previous experience of working within manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to work within a busy team.
- Ability to follow written procedures.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Safety Oriented.
£10.33 per hour. £11.34 per hour on completion of training.
Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Discretionary Annual Bonus.
Based in Kidderminster.
Monday to Friday rotating shifts 6-2 /2-10 / 10-6. Soon to convert to a 24/7 operation whereby shifts will change to accommodate.