Mechanical Installation Engineer
Up to £17 per hour
This is the perfect opportunity for a Mechanical Installation Engineer to join a worldwide business and you will be responsible for commissioning and installing a range of bespoke machinery for a range of industries.
The successful candidate will also get the opportunity to work in different locations, mainly around the UK and Ireland but will also have the opportunity travel, on occasion, to the USA and Canada.
Responsibilities - Mechanical Installation Engineer
- Support / lead the build effort for onsite installations, target resources accordingly, prepare the project to be commissioned (including mechanical installation/electrical containment).
- Supervise onsite teams in the absence of the services director, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Produce daily site reports regarding work completed, outstanding and any non-conformities.
- Set and manage daily/weekly milestones for work to be completed as scheduled.
- Liaise with customers to identify and complete any deviation from original scope and record.
- Work with the team and customer to get the project commissioned, snags completed, and Site Acceptance Test completed.
- Complete pre-install work.
- Collate and manage all job specific documentation.
Requirements - Mechanical Installation Engineer
- Knowledge of machine building.
- Experienced at reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Able to follow written instructions and method statements.
- Familiar with working in hygienic environments and health and safety requirements.
- Previous experience of working with pneumatic systems and valves.
- Experienced at working on medium sized assemblies and sub-assemblies.
In Return - Mechanical Installation Engineer
- Company vehicle.
- Overtime paid @1.5x
- Uniform and PPE
- Opportunity to earn spot bonuses/awards for outstanding contributions.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (after probationary period)
- Private healthcare including partner/child dependants & Contributory pension.
This Mechanical Installation Engineer opportunity is based in Cheltenham and is commutable from Gloucester, Worcester, Evesham, and Stroud.
For more information, please contact Michael Farrell on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01242 3033124.