£24000 - £30000 per annum
5 months ago
An established business, providing services to a range of customers within the industrial and commercial sectors. Operating on an international level, they are investing for the future and experiencing significant success and growth.
Working from the Head Office in Redditch, the Quotes & Time Critical Logistics Coordinator is a key member of the team, to ensure the business continues to deliver world class service 24/7. You will be responsible for the effective, accurate and timely management of European and International logistics support tasks.
- Managing customer enquiries by phone and email / orders and loading them onto the system.
- Booking and tracking shipments.
- Sourcing and communicating with suppliers required for transport.
- Responding to customer enquiries, providing quotations and keeping them updated as to the progress of jobs.
- Closing out job files by obtaining POD and any other required information, scanning documents onto the system.
- Reviewing routes and suppliers to ensure transport is planned cost effectively and to maximise profitability.
- Ensuring clear and accurate communication with the warehouse so they are aware of returns and outgoing loads and can plan work effectively.
- Keeping on top of legislation requirements, including WTD, tachos and maintenance for different vehicle types.
- Monitoring and following up trailer damage issues to ensure that the proper information is captured and that customers are aware of any charges incurred.
- Ensuring completed jobs are updated on the system and checked prior to invoicing.
- Liaison with Operations, Accounts and Warehouse
- Proven experience in a similar position.
- Previous Time Critical & European planning experience is essential.
- Methodical, highly organised, good attention to detail.
- Must be computer literate to include MS Office, email, spreadsheets, databases.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have a good level of English and Maths.
- Must have strong UK geographical knowledge.
- Ability to multi task and juggle priorities.
£24,000 - £30,000 annual salary based on experience.
Based in Redditch.
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm.