£40000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
An opportunity has arisen to join a market leading solutions provider and build and maintain enterprise level software within a varied tech stack. You will join an existing development team responsible for managing and maintaining existing applications as well as building new solutions to meet business and market requirements. This particular role will be working on the development of a new application that will allow the organisation to integrate with third parties. As such, applicants should have some API experience, ideally with Azure API Gateway.
Key responsibilities will be to:
* To research, design and write scalable software to company and industry standards
* To plan effectively in an agile environment and deliver to estimates
* To deliver projects as a team, contributing to and responding to code reviews
* To investigate and keep abreast of new technologies and develop skills to meet the changing needs of the industry
* To fix bugs and support cases, minimising the number of reactivations
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must and you should have strong problems solving skills and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines. You will ideally have a qualification in Computer Science or a related subject and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, proactive individual with a company offering lots of chances for career and personal progression. Based in Ross-on-Wye, commutable from Hereford, Worcester, Newport, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Monmouth, Ledbury, Tewkesbury, Abergavenny and Chepstow. Salary £40-50,000, commensurate with experience.