£50000 - £55000 per annum
4 months ago
Winchester / Remote Working
C# / VB.Net / .Net Framework / .Net Core / Azure / Angular
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Software Developer to join a market leading fintech solutions provider. As a Software Developer your key purpose will be to support the re-platforming from colo to cloud, whilst building new functionality to the product and moving more to a SaaS solution.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Getting code into production: Ability to get code of all types-including new features, configuration changes, bug fixes, and experiments-into production
- Ability to design, create and evolve user-facing applications
- Ability to write, maintain and design the business logic of a software application
- Requirement Analysis and Articulation
- Estimation: Ability to apply various estimation techniques
- Test Driven Development
- Clean Code: applies state-of-art practices of software design and programming
- Continuous Integration: Ability to write code in a way that supports Continuous Integration of code
- Performance & Scalability Engineering: Ability to assess, recommend, design, implement, optimize, and troubleshoot measures to ensure systems perform as needed
- Securing Applications: Ability to design and implement software which exhibits good security properties
- Legacy remediation: Ability to operate in or around older systems, and devise and execute strategies for modernizing and improving them
The successful applicant will have solid software development experience (5+ years) with demonstrable experience of providing technical leadership (2+ years). You will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have experience of working with Extreme Programming methods and Evolutionary Architecture as well as experience of working within cross-functional teams.
Key technical skills include:
- .Net (C#, VB.Net)
- .Net Framework, .Net Core
- SQL Server, Mongo DB
- Kubernetes (or other relevant container experience)
- Microsoft Azure (or other cloud native experience)
- Agile / Scrum methodology
- TDD / XP / Pair Programming
This is a great chance to join a growing company offering excellent career and personal progression and a comprehensive benefits package. They offer the chance to work on some very exciting projects with the latest technologies and opportunities to further develop your skills. Based in Winchester and commutable from Southampton, Eastleigh, Andover, Whitchurch, Alton, Chichester, Portsmouth, Fareham, Lymington, Bournemouth, Salisbury, Basingstoke. Salary up to £55,000, commensurate with experience.
The company is currently working remotely and moving forwards there is the flexibility to work from home when not required in the office.