There is now a great opportunity to join a well-established engineering company that designs, develops and a manufactures a range of bespoke products as a Stress Engineer. As a Stress Engineer, you will work as part of a wider team on all phases of the project life cycle including design, development and production for a range of high value products.
Stress Engineer Responsibilities:
- Providing analysis of new and existing specialist motor systems which may involve, hardware, propellant charge structure analysis, CFD and thermal analysis
- To use relevant software and programming techniques, including: Abaqus, Fortran and Matlab
- Providing technical support to projects from a structural specific perspective
- To produce key project documentation, such as structural analysis and structural test plans
Stress Engineer Requirements:
- Educated to degree level with relevant Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Aerospace, Structural or Material Science.)
- Previous experience in the use of FEA software (preferably Abaqus)
- Material Science Knowledge (Metals, composites, viscoelastic materials, adhesives and manufacturing methods.)
This Stress Engineer opportunity is based in Kidderminster and commutable from Worcester, Stourport-on-Severn, Redditch, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Bewdley, Stourbridge and Malvern.