Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum
26 days ago
A unique opportunity has arisen within an organisation dedicated to identifying and addressing innovation priorities and market barriers within the energy sector. The long term goal is to decarbonise the energy system at the lowest cost, bringing together industry, academia, government and research to accelerate innovation in the energy sector.
As a Technical Manager, your core responsibilities will revolve around project management and supporting and sharing information with stakeholders, with a small amount of man-management. You will be take the lead in designing and delivering stakeholder meetings, following up on key output and conclusions. All of this activity is intended to support the goals and further the impact of a public-private partnership that plays a key role in the overall mission of the organisation.
* Due to the singular nature of this role the requirements for the successful candidate are:
* Qualified to at least degree level or equivalent, ideally in a subject related to energy technologies
* A knowledge of energy technologies and how they work together
* A knowledge of how the energy sector interacts and interfaces with other sectors and infrastructure
* An understanding and interest in UK energy policy and energy technology innovation
* Experience of communicating science or technical information to academic and lay audiences
* Experience of producing written scientific or technical documentation for a variety of audiences
* Experience in developing and managing financial and other resources, including budget management
* Enthusiastic and passionate about energy, decarbonisation and net zero
* Knowledge of website content maintenance and content management systems
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with natural leadership ability. The ability to work well under pressure is essential, as are the ability to meet deadlines and effective analytical and problem-solving skills. It is likely you have a background in engineering (e.g. electrical engineering) and still maintain a membership of a professional engineering body. Any project management certifications (e.g. Prince2, APM etc.) would also be useful.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large organisation that is growing in size and influence. There are great opportunities for career development and a chance to make real difference working on an agenda that is key to the future of the UK environment and economy. Based in Birmingham with the potential for some remote working, commutable from Kidderminster, Worcester, Droitwich Spa, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon, Solihull, Coventry, Tamworth, Cannock, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Stourbridge, West Bromwich and Walsall. Salary £40-45,000, commensurate with experience.