£18720 - £22600 per annum
about 2 months ago
Warehouse & Production Operative
Due to recent and significant investment in the site, a new opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse & Production Operative to join a leading food production company with a presence in multiple European countries and in excess of 5000 staff globally. The Warehouse & Production Operative will work across all supply chain functions from goods in receipt, through the preparation and delivery of raw materials, ingredients and mixtures to the production line, palletisation of finished goods and picking and loading of outbound deliveries.
A valid Counterbalance and Reach fork lift truck licence is a requirement for this role.
You will be required to work a 3 shift pattern rotating weekly, 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am.
Warehouse & Production Operative responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work in a safe way at all times, challenge unsafe acts and report unsafe conditions
- Operate FLTs and other equipment in line with SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure 'right first time' by paying attention to detail and following work instructions
- Ensure highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Maintain all cleaning equipment in good condition
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in the weighing, measuring and preparation of ingredients
- Maintain a seamless supply of ingredients to the production line
- Ensure all ingredients are stored in the correct area at the correct temperature
- Record accurate and relevant information in a timely fashion
- Support the Team Leader with continuous improvement activities
- Suggest improvements to process to improve safety or performance
The Warehouse & Production Operative will have demonstrable experience in a similar role and the following aptitudes and experience:
- Valid Counterbalance and Reach fork lift truck licence
- Fluency in written and spoken English and excellent communication skills
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Solid numeracy skills are required
- Ability to consistently follow work instructions
- Flexible and eager to learn
- Previous warehouse experience
- Previous food manufacturing experience desirable
- Lean Manufacturing/six sigma experience desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of an expanding team within a growing business. There is significant investment taking place in the plant and the company is committed to supporting the career and personal development of its employees. Based near Worcester, commutable from Tenbury Wells, Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn, Droitwich Spa, Malvern and Bromyard.
Salary £18,720-22,600, commensurate with experience.
Hours of work 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm, 10pm to 6am rotating weekly.