Area Sales Manager (Southern Territories)
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a highly successful global company, whose headquarters are based in Worcester. The Area Sales Manager for the Southern territories, will cover a broad geographical spectrum, including areas such as Bath, Bournemouth, Salisbury right down to Exeter and Cornwall. You will need to be located within easy access, have a proven sales background and have a sound understanding of the metal cutting industry. This is an account management and business development role targeting large end users.
Some key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Responsible for selling a leading portfolio of CNC machines
- Developing and maintaining existing business relationships
- Creating new business accounts
- Defining the correct manufacturing solution to meet the customers' demands
- Proposing the correct machine specification along with associated costs
- Applying the correct resources to deliver the correct solution
- Preparing documentation for order processing
- Ensuring the correct documentation is in place and internally agreed.
Reporting into the General Sales Manager, the role is largely autonomous and requires a self -motivated and driven individual who has the ability to think innovatively and who will be an Ambassador of the Company and products to existing and potential customers.
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience in a field-based sales role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to prepare and present presentations to customers
- Exceptional negotiation skills with an ability to open new accounts
- An Engineering qualification (minimum level Apprentice trained)
- Confident in communicating around the process of Engineering
- Highly motivated and a self- starter
- CRM experience
- Excellent team player
A four week training programme will take place at the Head Office in Worcester where the successful candidate can fully understand all of the products and spend time with different departments. Thereafter, the role will be fully field based with homeworking for administration purposes when required and overnight stays as required.
As well as a competitive basic salary and commission structure, a Company Car is also part of the package.