Up to £18000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant
IT / Engineering
So you are good with people and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Recruitment could be the career for you!
We are creating new trainee roles across our permanent recruitment team, specifically to work within our fast growing IT and Engineering divisions. You will start as a Resourcer or Trainee Recruitment Consultant with the ultimate aim of being promoted to Recruitment Consultant, earning commission within 6-12 months.
What's involved in being a Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant?
- Researching the market for candidates, using various online tools
- Calling candidates to discuss job opportunities with them and keeping in touch with our talent pool
- Meeting candidates, arranging interviews and getting to know your market place
- Writing job adverts
- Social media marketing, advertising and building your profile
- As you develop your ability, you will be more involved with all aspects of the recruitment process, including sales activity, networking, and client meetings
- You will progress through Hewett's structured development programme, as well as receiving on-the-job training and the opportunity to obtain your Certificate in Recruitment qualification
What characteristics would a Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant demonstrate?
- Focus and drive
- Tenacity and resilience
- Be a good judge of character - a level of intuition
- Be detail focused
- Be sales and goal orientated
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to listen and empathise
Recruitment is an exciting environment involving skills such as sales, marketing, social media, persuasion, understanding and empathy. Good Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultants will ideally have some customer service and / or sales experience to enable them to hit-the-ground running.
What will you get in return as a Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant?
- The opportunity to grow a satisfying career in recruitment
- Work with a fun and encouraging team
- Dynamic working arrangements
- Career and personal development - we are with you every step of the way!
- Potential for uncapped commission as a Recruitment Consultant
- After hours social and networking events
- 28 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays), rising with service
- Healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Healthcare cash plan
The salary for this Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant position starts at £18,000 with regular performance-related reviews. With a head office in Kidderminster, access to co-working spaces in Worcester and Gloucester and the option to work from home, you could be based anywhere across the West Midlands and the South West - there is also the possibility for flexibility in working hours. Hewett prides itself on the personal development and training it offers all of its employees as well as the relaxed atmosphere in which the Consultants operate. You can be as autonomous as you like although we do promote a collaborative approach to work, with Consultants sharing their knowledge and celebrating each other's success.