£46970 - £49942 per annum
4 months ago
Head of Finance (20 hours per week)
Reporting into the CEO and working as part of the Senior Leadership Team, the Head of Finance will demonstrate a strong commercial acumen, a strategic approach and provide effective business partnering in order to support on key decision making within the organisation. Confident at leading a small team and able to translate strategy into day to day operations, the successful candidate will enjoy being part of an organisation that values and encourages a positive team environment.
Some key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Defining the financial strategy alongside the Senior Leadership Team
- Ensuring two year business planning with regards to budgeting and forecasting
- Taking the lead on financial accounting and reporting, ensuring management accounts and quarterly financial reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner
- Leading on all aspects of financial management and financial requirements, taxation and acquisitions as appropriate including
- Analysing and reporting of financial information
- Managing the finance team, cash flow forecasting/reforecasting, year-end accounting, quarterly annual audits, and annual budgeting setting etc.
- Preparing strategic Business Plans, 12-month budget and rolling 6-month Commercial Reviews.
- Preparing company secretarial/Company House filing as required
- Overseeing and monitoring the organisation's investment portfolio
- Liaising with fund managers and reporting on investment outcomes
Skills and Experience required for the Head of Finance:
- Full professional qualification
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Previous experience in managing a team
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation of final accounts and management reports
- Practical experience of private sector investments, company accounts and taxation
- An up to date knowledge of financial legislation and accounting
- Exceptionally IT literate
- Experienced in advising on growth and diversification
- Excellent communicator at all levels
As well as being a member of the Senior Leadership Team and heading up the Finance team, it is key that the successful candidate would enjoy being part of a 'hands on' organisation and team environment.
Based in Malvern, our client is looking for someone to work for 20 hours a week over 4 days.
Full time salary band is £46,970 - £49,942 pro rata, depending on experience.