Up to £12 per hour + pro rata
about 2 months ago
A fantastic part time opportunity for an Accounts Clerk to join a small but experienced team working for a local and established family business. This is a newly created role due to the continuing success and growth of the business.
Based from the Head Office in Stourport and set in an idyllic rural location, this is a varied and hands on role including elements of Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Credit Control and general office administration duties. This will include answering the telephones, dealing with initial enquiries, covering for absence and assisting colleagues when required.
Accounts Clerk Responsibilities:
- Processing and maintaining the Purchase and Sales Ledger using Sage Accounts 50.
- Prepare monthly supplier payments and remittance advices.
- Record and allocate payments on Sage 50 accounts system.
- Reconcile supplier statements with purchase ledger on Sage 50.
- Deal with all purchase ledger enquiries from suppliers and deal with queries.
- Assist with monthly management accounts to be prepared for the Directors.
- Reconcile Petty Cash.
- Process Employees expenses.
- Coding of invoices with nominal codes.
- Record all sales invoices raised by the company on the sales ledger using Sage 50 accounts system.
- Record payments received from customers on Sales Ledger using Sage 50 accounts system.
- Record details from weekly returns on Sage 50 accounts system.
- Allocate payments received against invoices on sales ledger.
- Daily / weekly banking.
- General office administration duties to include data entry.
- Previous Purchase and Sales Ledger experience.
- In depth experience and knowledge of Sage 50 professional accounts system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, to include Word and Excel.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- A good, confident telephone manner.
Based in Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire.
Monday to Friday 25 hours per week. 9:30am to 2:30pm although flexibility is available.
£12 per hour.