£19000 - £22000 per annum
4 days ago
A market-leading contractor support business based in Bromsgrove and operating across the UK who specialise in payroll services and business process outsourcing. Due to continued success and growth, an opportunity has been created for a Payroll Assistant to provide technical support to the Payroll Manager/Director.
As Payroll Assistant you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of clients, managing payroll runs on a weekly and monthly basis. The ideal candidate will be someone who is proactive, takes initiative, and is willing to learn.
This Payroll Assistant opportunity would suit someone who has recently started their Payroll career and has achieved or is wanting to start studying for their CIPP Level 3 Payroll Technician Certificate.
- Dealing with new clients and guiding them through the onboarding process.
- Keep up to date with payroll legislation.
- Set up new starters.
- Submit RTI's.
- Input and process payroll.
- Run payroll reports and investigate anomalies.
- Providing payslips and reports as required by the client.
- Processing leavers.
- Calculate and administer pension schemes.
- To validate and verify the expenses claims submitted for each payroll.
- Calculating statutory parental pay, sick pay, holiday pay.
- Maintain effective records for each payroll.
- Dealing with client payroll queries.
- Dealing with HMRC and pension queries.
- Completing year end returns and P60'S.
- Accurately processing invoices.
- Liaise with agency clients and employees to ensure the highest standard of customer service.
- Responding to and answering customer, client, and internal enquiries, answering telephone calls, and taking messages.
- 1 to 2 years previous Payroll experience.
- Excellent data-input skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict deadlines.
- IT Literate - confident using Microsoft Office programmes.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CIPP Level 3 Payroll Technician Certificate (preferred)
- GCSE Grade 5 or above in Maths & English
£19,000 - £22,000 annual salary.
Based in Bromsgrove.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.