£24000 - £27000 per annum
29 days ago
A new opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Technician to join a leading food production company with a presence in multiple European countries and in excess of 5000 staff. The role will ensure that site standards on processing, finished product specification and behaviours meet agreed levels. You will provide technical support and guidance to colleagues on a day to day basis to deliver food safety and quality assurance objectives.
QA Technician responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Ensure all H&S changes within their area of responsibility are risk assessed and the safe working conditions are maintained at all times.
* Immediately challenge, report and eradicate the emergence of unsafe acts
* Carry out work in progress checks to ensure right first-time product results
* Check all process control charts and parameters to ensure compliance to production process
* Ensure product quality is within the preset standards adherence by all colleague to HACCP and OPRP polices within the factory.
* Conduct GMP and Internal Audit as required by internal planning
* Test baking and finished product approval
* QAS (Quality Attribute Sheet) Production / Packing / Palletising
* Audit all paperwork pertaining to process control
* Test bake frozen samples as directed by the standard cards
* Co-ordinate organoleptic assessment of finished product
* Collect finished product reference samples for shelf life testing
* Asses product samples as per required schedule (monthly and routine testing)
* Co-ordinate microbiological sampling on site to include preparation of weekly sampling plan
* Matching ingredient Certificate of Analysis with GRNs
* Hygiene and housekeeping
The QA Technician will have demonstrable experience in a similar role and the following aptitudes and experience:
* Attention to detail and analytical thinking
* Dependable, reliable, responsible, and trustworthy
* High levels of literacy and numeracy
* Demonstrative knowledge and understanding of Food Safety and Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing environment
* Auditor qualification (preferable)
* HACCP Level 3
* Supervising Food Safety Level 3
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of an expanding team within a growing business. There is significant investment taking place in the plant and the company is committed to supporting the career and personal development of its employees. Based near Worcester, commutable from Tenbury Wells, Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn, Droitwich Spa, Malvern and Bromyard. Salary £24-27,000, commensurate with experience.