£45000 - £50000 per annum
4 months ago
An opportunity has arisen to join a market leading software house working within a fast-paced Agile development team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, build and support of highly scalable services and web applications, working within C# / ASP.net and the .Net Framework /.Net Core.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Design, build, and maintain highly scalable services in the Microsoft Azure public cloud.
* Create great user experiences for our customers in our web-based products.
* Ensure cross functional requirements are considered during the design and development process
* Identify performance bottlenecks and opportunities
* Ensure a high-level of code quality through code reviews and coaching
* Collaborate with team members on problem solving and solutions design
* Actively contribute to our developer community in the wider organisation
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role, with demonstrable experience with object orientated programming and full stack development. You will be qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline and ideally hold a Microsoft or CIW certification, with experience in continuous integration and development, micro-service architecture and distributed service architecture. Other required experience includes Cloud Resource (preferably Azure), NoSQL data stores (preferably MongoDB), REST APIs and front-end technologies (i.e. Angular, React). Any experience with mobile development (e.g. NativeScript, Xamarin), big data / machine learning, data modelling and cloud architecture patterns would be beneficial.
Core technical skills include:
* .Net Framework/.Net Core
* Git or TFVC
* MongoDB or (NoSQL data store)
* Microsoft Azure
* Azure DevOps
This is a great chance to join a growing company offering excellent career and personal progression and a comprehensive benefits package. They offer the chance to work on some very exciting projects with the latest technologies and opportunities to further develop your skills. Based in Worcester, commutable from Malvern, Droitwich, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Hereford, Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye, Stourport, Bewdley, Kidderminster, Dudley, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Redditch and Birmingham. Salary up to £50,000, commensurate with experience.
The company is currently working remotely and moving forwards there is the flexibility to work from home when not required in the office.