A brand NEW ROLE created to help an experienced Finance team deal with the demands of an established, thriving and growing business. Reporting to and working closely with the Finance Manager, you will take full responsibility for 5 purchase and sales ledgers and the associated team of 6 that are responsible for day to day processing.
You should already be experienced leading a team within the Finance function and ideally have a strong credit control background, as you will work on solving issues with any problem accounts.
- Work with the Purchase ledger team to ensure all invoices are posted on a timely basis.
- Ensure creditors ledgers on all accounts are cleared within the requisite terms.
- Work with Credit control to ensure invoice issues are identified before they are overdue.
- Build relationships with Sales Team to ensure key customer issues are flagged.
- Present at bi monthly aged debt reviews with Financial Controller and Managers.
- Work with Sales and Operations teams to identify repeat credit issues and fix root cause.
- Responsibility for interco balances and agreement on a monthly basis.
- Create and monitor a cash forecasting process with the support of the Finance Controller and Managers to ensure cashflow issues are raised promptly.
- Attendance and involvement in process improvement activities.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are completed and signed off.
- Accuracy of foreign currency forecasting.
- Work with IT on implementation of a new expenses process.
- Staff development and succession planning.
- Excellent numeracy and accuracy skills as well as communication skills.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads and attention to detail.
- Ability to help develop and assist others.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Previous Navision Experience Preferred.
Based in Kidderminster.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Competitive salary available - dependant on experience.