3 months ago
Are you an accomplished Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager, looking for a new challenge at a COMAH site? If you have COMAH site experience, this could be the next step for you - the company is offering a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a generous RELOCATION PACKAGE if required.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, your role as HSE Manager will be to provide health and safety direction and support to the Site, planning work and taking full ownership of delivering assigned tasks and audits, ensuring Safety and Quality is maintained and achieved.
Health, Safety and Environment Manager Responsibilities:
* Update and maintain the HSE plans & activities against legislative and internal standards and procedures, updating with legislative or regulatory changes.
* Develop operational HSE procedures and communicate with stakeholders
* Proactively identify risks, issues and non-adherence to HSE standards
* Work directly with line managers and function heads to ensure they understand HSE requirements and embed practices and standards
* Investigate accidents and near misses
* Line Management of HSE Co-ordinators
* Coordinate HSE committee activities and chair the Environmental Steering Committee
* Develop and review the Environmental Management System
* Create management information on audit status, including plans, risks, issues and non-adherence, reporting statistics etc
* Interface and liaise with external agencies, i.e. health and safety executive and environmental agency.
* Coordinate the emergency response team, including training plans, maintenance of equipment and general coordination of team activities
Health, Safety and Environment Manager Requirements:
* Ability to pass SC clearance (5 years residence in the UK)
* NEBOSH Certificate
* Previous proven health and safety management experience.
* Experience at a COMAH site, preferably upper tier.
* Experience of using tools such as HAZOPS, FMEA, LOPA.
* Strong relationship and interpersonal skills with an ability to work and communicate all levels.
* Tenacity to challenge and drive change
* An engineering industry background would be advantageous
This HSE Manager role is based in Kidderminster. Working 37 hours per week. Benefits include 25 days annual leave plus banks, life assurance, contributory pension, income protection and Perkbox.