£21000 - £25000 per annum + plus benefits
2 months ago
Are you an IT support engineer interested in the following?
- Working for a Cloud solutions provider for the public sector
- Joining a company that was selected as one of the top 10 SMEs for IaaS
- Working in a company that offers genuine opportunities for personal progression and development
- Working at a salary of £21,000-£25,000
- Offers great company benefits such as an on-site canteen, gym and a performance related 5% company bonus and paid overtime opportunities
- Offers 25 days holiday (with the options to purchase 5 additional days holiday)
The organisation are looking for an IT support engineer to join their dynamic team that bounces off each other and shares ideas and workloads in a 'family feel' culture and environment.
As a successful front line IT support engineer you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking operational support tasks as directed by authorised staff or customer personnel
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from customers
- Front line support - trouble shooting of basic technical infrastructure issues
- Escalate unresolved calls to the back-line support team or the on-call engineer
-Log all calls in the service desk call logging system
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow up the status of issues on behalf of the customer and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Ensure customer service level agreements (SLAs) are met
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
As an IT support engineer you should have the following:
- Experience of Microsoft Word or Excel
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Experience of Linux or Windows Operating Systems
- Experience of VMWare or managing virtual machines
- Knowledge of Cloud, PaaS or IaaS
- Previous experience in a similar 1st Line / 2nd Line Support role
- Have a passion for working in IT Support and a desire to learn new things
For this role, the organisation are looking for someone who has prior experience in working an IT support engineer role and who has knowledge of the cloud. This role has flexible shift patterns (7:30-15:00 and 10:30-19:00) which alternate. Long term there is a requirement to be available for the on-call rota.
This role is located in Chippenham and commutable from Corsham, Bath, Swindon, Wiltshire, Bath, Frogwell, Keynsham, Melksham, Foxham, Neston, Biddestone, Atworth, Corston and Persham
We also operate a referral scheme so if you know an IT Support Engineer please get in touch!