about 1 month ago
A local law firm providing a range of legal services for both private and business customers.
Working within the Residential Property department to provide administrative and secretarial support to the highest possible standards. You should be committed to a high level of client service and personal continuous improvement.
- Undertaking property and Land Registry searches, preparing financial statements and to assist with property sale and purchase completions.
- To assist with file management and ensure consistent reviews of files.
- To undertake work in relation to client matters or any administrative duties that may be required.
- To assist your Fee Earner or Partner in prioritising the client matter and when appropriate advise the client and others of the progress of the matter.
- To attend to clients and others where needed on behalf of the Fee Earner or Partner, taking accurate instructions for your Fee Earner's attention.
- To complete Land Registry applications and SDLT returns under the Fee Earner or Partner's direction.
- To undertake all work of a secretarial nature such as typing, word processing, photocopying, making and taking phone calls.
- To take and record accurately any message and pass on to the appropriate person.
- To make appointments and maintain up to date diary entries.
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client's papers and files, opening and closing of files, storage of deeds and other papers all in accordance with firm policies.
- To correctly identify and differentiate between DX, Royal Mail post and hand or other deliveries.
- To undertake any other duties as may be allocated by the Fee Earner or Partner from time to time.
- MUST have previous Legal Secretary experience, preferably within Residential Property.
- Competent touch and audio typist.
- Computer literate in Windows to include Word & Excel.
- Excellent telephone manner & experience of dealing with clients.
- Good organisation & communication skills.
- Ability to use shorthand desirable.
- An understanding of GDPR regulations.
Based in Bromsgrove.
Monday to Friday full time.
Competitive Salary available.