This is a new and fantastic opportunity with an established and thriving manufacturing business experiencing significant growth. The company is an SME with a full order book and they now require a Management Accountant to support the Finance Director in preparation and accurate reporting of the monthly management accounts.
Naturally, the ability to follow processes and work accurately is a requirement, but so too is the ability to work independently, to think 'outside the box' and offer ideas for improving systems and efficiencies. Given the growth trajectory the business is on, there is real opportunity for further career progression for the right individual. The company has an impressively collaborative culture, where individuals' opinions are valued and listened to.
The Management Accountant will play a key role within this small but exceptionally experienced Finance team. This role would likely suit someone AAT qualified with experience of management accounts and looking to continue their progression, with study support available.
Management Accountant Responsibilities:
- Production of financial statements including monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and KPI's.
- Monthly closedown and reconciliation of ledgers, including stock.
- Assistance with periodic forecasts and monthly cashflows in multiple currencies.
- Assist with production of information for Auditors for the annual statutory accounts process.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations.
- Monthly payroll production.
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Assistance with ONS surveys.
- Cover for tasks within the finance team
Management Accountant Requirements:
- Previous experience gained within a Management Accounts Team.
- AAT qualified.
- Excellent IT skills - Word, Excel, Outlook (knowledge of ERP systems, Sage 50 Cloud Payroll and advantage).
- A strong understanding of double entry book-keeping and general accounting principles.
- The ability to work unsupervised and use self-initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrates a good sense of priorities with the ability to structure workload effectively.
- Friendly, confident, and outgoing.
- Flexible, dependable, and able to thrive in a busy environment.
Based in Droitwich, Worcestershire.
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours (we offer hybrid working based on 3 days per week office, 2 days per week home working).
Salary £28,000 to £35,000 dependant on experience.
27 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Private Medical Insurance.