24 days ago
Based Near Kidderminster in Worcestershire, this company is the market leader in the UK within their specialist sector for manufacturing and distribution.
Following significant infrastructure investment and growth, a new opportunity has been created for an experienced and proven Production and Inventory Control Manager.
As Production and Inventory Control Manager, you will report to the Managing Director and lead on all production related transactions within the division. This includes responsibility for stock control and BOM management as well as being influential in capacity planning through all manufacturing / assembly departments.
Seen as a key appointment for the business, this role would suit a dynamic and passionate individual with the ability to lead and manage the function and a small team.
- Develop a capacity planning tool to aid order bank insight and to maximize production efficiencies across the site.
- Lead Stock management at a divisional level. From weekly perpetual counts through to half and full year (audited) stock takes.
- Provide insight into daily production data and feed information into BOM management discussions.
- Use Sage to create bills of materials and standard costs for products.
- Liaise with manufacturing to optimise product assembly and seek out value engineering opportunities.
- Provide a support function to the proposed roll out of warehouse management at a site level.
- Report into senior divisional management team on daily recoveries and provide key commentary.
- Work with operations manager to support departmental projects to stream line production booking processes.
- Provide key information to drive annual budgeting and forecasting requirements.
- Fully conversant in SAGE 1000 (or similar).
- Able to lead manage and develop a team.
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with meticulous attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate previous examples of key roles and responsibilities.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Thrives on working at pace in a busy environment handling multiple priorities.
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver target timelines.
- Experience of stock control and perpetual inventory counting.
Based Near Kidderminster, Worcestershire.
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.
Salary depending on experience.